About the Contest and Anthology:
As we mentioned weeks ago the first That Lit Press anthology would soon be announced and here it is.
In the first quarter of 2015 we intend to release our first short story collection, which is currently untitled, and are looking to you for submissions. The theme of the anthology is war and its impact, specifically on children.
Once the anthology is published, profits garnered from paperback and eBook sales will be donated to UNICEF,
UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization.
- submissions must be between 500 and 9,000 words
- submissions must be fiction
- stories must have a protagonist that is a child/adolescent
- stories must take place during war-time (whether the war is real or fictional is entirely up to you)
- submissions mustn’t have been previously published by another press or website
How To Submit:
- up to nine stories will be selected; those nine will be put into print along with Joel Amat Güell’s debut publication “Eirene”
- authors will receive interviews with ThatLitSite.com to talk about themselves, their stories, and past/future projects
- each of the authors will receive a complimentary copy of the anthology, both digitally and in print
- stories not selected for the anthology may be published to our website in our newly added ‘Fiction’ section
- August 15, 2014 at 12:00AM EST.
About That Lit Site:
That Lit Site was created in 2013 by Jayme Karales. Karales, along with fellow editor-in-chief Joel Amat Güell, are dedicated to bringing you the best in news, essays, fiction, and more from classic and contemporary authors alike.
The United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund is a United Nations Program headquartered in New York City that provides long-term humanitarian and developmental assistance to children and mothers in developing countries. It is one of the members of the United Nations Development Group and its Executive Committee. [More]